What the Blog

By iTeresa

I have a problem.....it comes in the form of footwear.  I love shoes, all different types of styles, colors, heels, flats, sneakers, etc....As my closet will tell you (what with over 60 pairs taking up space), I have to stay out of shoe stores.  Since becoming a retail slave and not having the type of money in the days past, I have pretty much stopped shoe shopping, but the other night my best friend (Karrisa) and I were on the phone chattering away, when she exclaims, Did I tell you about the SPARKLEY Converses I got for Christmas?? "um No, you didn't" and I dream of sparkly converses living in my closet and on my feet....I being me, ask if they come in Red Sparkley awesomeness....nope only the childrens ones, and no matter how small my feet are, they aren't getting into the equilvent of a size 4 in womens.....She snaps a pic and sends it to me....

Oh My God!!!! They are freaking fantastic! I! WANT! A! PAIR!!! I surf the Converse & Journeys websites, dreaming and wishing....And resolving to save up the $60 bucks for a pair.  We say our goodnights and off to bed for me.  The next day, Monday, I still think about some new Converse sneakers throughout the day and Tuesday while, not as frequently, they are still on my mind.

Tuesday night, I come home at 12am from work, and see a box laying next to my garage, thinking to myself...hmmm I'm not expecting anything...trying to remember if I ordered something that didn't arrive...I look at the return address, Dalton GA....and try to remember if I know anyone in Dalton GA, I don't.  I look at who its postmarked to, "Terri C." not "Teresa C.", there are only two people that are my adult friends that call me "Terri", one whom lives in Bluffton, SC and the other, Karrisa, who lives in Tampa FL, but no one in Dalton, GA.

I trudge upstairs, get out of my coat, set my handbag down, and start opening up the brown box....to reveal a box from Journeys!!!!  I get excited, cause the only thing in a Journeys box is SHOES! And I LOVE SHOES....Kelsey drags himself out of bed to my squeals of happiness as I open the box to.......



BRIGHT PINK SPARKLEY CONVERSES!!!!! The Converse fairy sent me SHOES!!!!  That are a size too big once I put them on.  I call Karrisa, screeching and hyperactive (keep in mind its past midnight) and leave her a message that I really hope they are from her, otherwise I have no clue who sent them and that I love them and love her.  She calls me back amazed that I have them, since she got an email that day saying they hadn't shipped yet.  I tell her they are a size too big and that I'm going to hit up the local Journeys the next day to see if I can get them in a 7, she apologizes about the fact that they are pink and not red, and I just say, I don't really care, they are SPARKLEY and that is really the MOST important part..teehee....

I hit up the local Journeys the next day, they don't have a 7 in pink or silver, but they have them in black :) so I trade out the pink ones for the right size in black sparkley instead, which really goes better with all of my clothes anyways.  So Happy Birthday to me a week early, from my bestie Karrisa, and the fantastic shipping turn around from Journeys :)




AND I LOVE THEM!!!!!!






Till next time....

T.

5 comments:

Ok Miss Karissa; you MISSED my big 50th birthday; the 51st AND the 52nd... what are you waiting for? I can't wear MY sparkly sneakers in the dang crypt! I guess I'll just have to go on and buy myself a pair! And I'll have to get a pair for Dawn and wait until Wednesday and find out what the baby is and get some for the baby too!

Anonymous said... January 27, 2010  

I could not agree with you more! I did that when I moved from my parents house to my first apartment. And since I was in no rush to move out I did a little at a time with plastic storage boxes and recycle supermarket bags.

Sorry Deb.... Didn't know your shoe size. ;) Although actually I didn't know Terri's either because she SWORE up and down that she would need an 8. Even when I said, 'Are you sure? Mine seem to run a bit big.' 'NOOOO.... 8. I'm sure'. :)

haha

Sorry Deb.... Didn't know your shoe size. ;) Although actually I didn't know Terri's either because she SWORE up and down that she would need an 8. Even when I said, 'Are you sure? Mine seem to run a bit big.' 'NOOOO.... 8. I'm sure'. :)

haha

Sorry Deb.... Didn't know your shoe size. ;) Although actually I didn't know Terri's either because she SWORE up and down that she would need an 8. Even when I said, 'Are you sure? Mine seem to run a bit big.' 'NOOOO.... 8. I'm sure'. :)

haha

About Me

My photo
Hello all and welcome to What the Blog! I am Teresa, or iTeresa, due to the many i products that I have. I blog for one reason, because something happened that I feel should be shared with the world, so go ahead, laugh, giggle, cry, &; scream at the insanity of my life, because once its all said and done...What the Blog!
Photobucket

Blog Archive