What the Blog

By iTeresa

This weekend I watched in pride and awe while working at the millions of women who marched for equality for all women, children, and men regardless of their religion, race, sexual orientation, disability, or creed. I desperately wished I could have marched myself, but could not because I could not take the time off of work. I cried when I saw my brother and sister in law march in Oklahoma, when my ex's ex sent pictures of her marching in Cincinnati, friends of mine from around the nation and the world sent me pictures of them marching in solidarity. Finally, finally some of the shame I felt from this election lifted and I thought to myself, we can impact our world and make a change, through peaceful protest.

Back in November, I helped create a FB page, with 4500 women and we all donned a hijab (traditional head covering for Muslim women) in a silent protest on 1/20/17 against the bigotry that DJT has time and again spewed towards Muslims. I felt proud of not only myself but all the beautiful women who had participated in this protest. The ultimate goal of this was to show our Muslim American sisters they are not alone, that we stand with them during these trying times. I see and read these beautiful women all working towards a common goal and I am grateful to be a part of it. 

Then it started... the messages telling me, I am a hypocrite, I am a fad follower, I do not actually care for anyone's rights but my own. I was told I am selfish and could never care about any others than myself and I thought... this person doesn't even know me, after years of knowing who I am and being "friends" he is completely in the dark on what drives me and makes me who I am. I thought of the irony of this person telling me I care nothing for others, especially after all the times I helped him out and I realized, I don't need another man in my life telling what to do, I don't need his approval to be me. I just need to be me. I subsequently deleted and blocked him from both my Facebook and phone because really, who needs additional negativity in their lives. 

This past year has been hard on me, I endured multiple surgeries, found out I had a chronic illness, lost my job and my husband. I have bad days, as anyone can read for themselves that follow my blog, but I also look on life knowing it can only get better if I try. I could wallow in self pity, but instead I have picked myself up once again and continue to move forward not only for myself, but for all women, all men, all children in a fight to have equal rights. True Christians do not judge, we continually pick ourselves up and help those in need with less than what we have, and I for one, will continue to do just that.

Till next time,
T.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello all and welcome to What the Blog! I am Teresa, or iTeresa, due to the many i products that I have. I blog for one reason, because something happened that I feel should be shared with the world, so go ahead, laugh, giggle, cry, &; scream at the insanity of my life, because once its all said and done...What the Blog!
Photobucket

Blog Archive