What the Blog

By iTeresa

We all learn this phrase as children, "do unto others as you would do to yourself". It is the "golden rule" treating people as you want to be treated. It is astonishing to me to see how many people who really do not practice this though. Everyday I read negative stories and hypocrisy of so call religious people, when did Jesus say it was your job to judge people on their lifestyles and personal choices? He didn't, he said to love thy neighbor.

The first three months of this year were the roughest I've had that I can physically remember. It was a never ending loop of one thing after another and it was mind boggling. I shutter to think what would have happened if I didn't have compassionate people in my life. What would have happened if I didn't have the best family a person could ask for and friends who are always there. Whether it was just to vent my frustrations or cry on a shoulder, they were there saying it will get better. I know it's hard now, but give it time and it will work itself out. And they were right, it did.

Because of this, I made a promise to myself to help anyone I could who is in need. I don't want anything in return but one thing, for them to pay it forward, to help someone else out who needs it. The lack of compassion and empathy we show others is heartbreaking to me. I want it to change, I want people of today to truly love thy neighbor and treat others with respect and dignity. Everyone goes through rough times, it is how you react and how you help one another that truly makes you shine.

Till next time,
T.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello all and welcome to What the Blog! I am Teresa, or iTeresa, due to the many i products that I have. I blog for one reason, because something happened that I feel should be shared with the world, so go ahead, laugh, giggle, cry, &; scream at the insanity of my life, because once its all said and done...What the Blog!
Photobucket

Blog Archive