What the Blog

By iTeresa

I have been having trouble sleeping, and so last night I took two over the counter walgreens off brand "sleep aids" so that I would guarantee some shut eye that begins before 5am.....I woke up refreshed from a solid 8 hours and start my day. Coffee was great like always, took a shower, took the pup out and then I logged onto my computer and said hi to the 20 other peeps in my "training room" to start the day and the fun of learning all about Qwest Communications. All goes well until 3:30ish, at which point my mom sends me a chat through yahoo.

Her chat reads, are you paying attention to the weather, to which I respond, no mom I am working, been training, looks rainy to me, whats up. They just said that a tornado is headed right towards where you live, so chats my mom...huh???? Really??? Ok and on the TV goes and the channel set to 18 which is the national weather service in knoxville. Tornado watch is in effect, blah blah blah, so I chat to one of my classmates who is in Atlanta to see if she is in the same boat since it looks like it on the radar. At the same time I text roomie and let her know about the T. watch, to which she texts back to me maybe it will take my car out (she hates her car, nicknamed peanut from jeff dunhams puppet since its purple & annoying). Wind starts going crazy and what not and I get up and close the window. And realize the trees are swaying in circular motion, and then the power goes out, I feel like I may actually have a heart attack as I attempt to get the 2 dogs & 3 cats into the kitchen, the only room with no windows in our top floor apt.

As I am chasing down the pets my neighbor downstairs yells up to me "Oh My God, Did you see what just happened to your truck!!!!" I almost throwup as I race to the front door and yell back down, WHAT, with the most awesome response ever <-- I am being 100% sarcastic --> The tree was struck by lightening & is on your truck. I feel like I will pass out, like I will throw up, and am slightly hyperventilating at this point as I rush down the stairs and out the main door to see, yep the fucking tree on my beauitful truck which I have only had for 4 months. This is what I see in my yard....







I am hysterical and weeping as I shakily dial 911 to report whats going on. I snap a few picture with my phone and call my mom to let her know whats going on. As I start to calm down I realize what just happened, that my truck is broken and then I realize I have no cable, internet, or house phone. The line was ripped from the pole from the wind, I can't work and really cannot contact anyone I work with since they are all in cyber land of the lost along with the info that is unattainable from no internet. I attempt to find classmates on my email through good old happy iphone and manage to email a classmate with the status of me disappearing from class. I call up Gieco and report it, happy to find out that I am covered, dismayed to find out that I have to pay the 500 deductible to fix it, which sucks, I then call comcast and am told that tech will be out tomorrow morning, call up carmax to see if I can defer the payment due this week because now I have to pay 500 bucks to get the truck fixed, nope they tell me, since this will be payment 4 they cant do anything for me, but will note the circumstances on my account. So I don't get paid till the 20th of March....Basically a month away..... I have to pay the rent, car payment, cable, and now an extra 500, which is a total of 1350, I have about 140 to my name right now...I am fucked good, FML.....

I am now at my sisters house on her computer that doesn't have the programs I need, attempting to learn something with my training without the ability to communicate as well cause I cannot talk without my equipment and cannot pull up the same knowledge base without my programs....

FML some more....

Check back later for more info.....

T.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello all and welcome to What the Blog! I am Teresa, or iTeresa, due to the many i products that I have. I blog for one reason, because something happened that I feel should be shared with the world, so go ahead, laugh, giggle, cry, &; scream at the insanity of my life, because once its all said and done...What the Blog!
Photobucket

Blog Archive