What the Blog

By iTeresa

Hello Everyone in myspace land. I woke up this morning around 11am and realized that today is the last day that I am going to be 27. I know that turning 28 is not a huge birthday, but as think back, I realize all the changes I have gone through in the last 10 years when I turned 18. 10 years ago I lived with my mom and dad in Knoxville, I drove a little mercury capri convertible, I didn't have any other bill than car insurance and a car payment, and I played around at working, but had way more fun just partying. I had friends that I thought were the best (they really were not) and basically no responsibilites to deal with. Over the last 10 years, I had a child(who is 8 years old now), moved to San Diego, moved back to the east coast here to Hilton Head, have paid rent, car payments, insurance, cable, electric, water, etc...I have lived in houses, apartments, duplexs, and condos, I have made friends and lost friends. There was a time that I had thought I had lost my best friend forever, then one day 5 years after we had last seen each other she tracked me down on google and emailed me. I couldn't beleive it! I had missed her over the years, I missed our conversations, our fights, and knowing that our friendship was there, and then it was back, this was almost 3 years ago now. When we first talked on the phone all those years after speaking with each other it was like nothing had changed. We realized we only lived a 5 hour drive from each other, which is nothing in our traveling minds, both of us have always been about road trips, we love them. I aslo reconciled with my family, who I didn't see for the 4 years that I lived in San Diego, now I see them every 6 weeks or so. My mother confided in me when I arrived back in TN after 4 years that she thought she would never see me again, we cried the whole week, as did the rest of my immediate family. I look back on all of this and realize that yes I have made mistakes in my life, but at the same time, I am content with the life I have built and with the events of my life and I am grateful for all of it. My son, who lives with my parents in TN, turned 8 this year and is beautiful and smart and acts just like me. I am grateful that I get to work with my family everyday and that I can talk to my mother and sister anytime I want to and that if I feel like it, I can drop everything and just head home for the weekend, even though we all fight like the sterotypes of being Italian. I have come to realize that even though it has been a hard 10 years, that I am loved and apperciated. Since I moved to Hilton Head, I have met some awesome people who without my life would not be complete, I am forever grateful for my friend James and all he does for me, just because I'm a silly girl and I am forever grateful for meeting Kallay and having the best roommate & friend ever, so this is my thanks to my family for always being there no matter what, for bringing Karrisa & Andrea back into my life, for bringing me Kallay & James, and for keeping us all healthy and happy.

Thank You
Teresa

About Me

My photo
Hello all and welcome to What the Blog! I am Teresa, or iTeresa, due to the many i products that I have. I blog for one reason, because something happened that I feel should be shared with the world, so go ahead, laugh, giggle, cry, &; scream at the insanity of my life, because once its all said and done...What the Blog!

Blog Archive